Hi! Welcome to the blog of Food Thoughts!
My name is Go, the author of Food Thoughts. I know, that is a unique name. Some people called me Go, some called me Gogo, some would expand it even more into the power ranger theme song.
Just like the name of the blog, I would post some of my thoughts here and some insights that I got from my surroundings. Sometimes it may sounds formal like a theological discussions, but sometimes it could be rainbows and cookies where I would appreciate little things in life.
This blog is not about food (maybe occasionally I will post about food), but think the post like food for your brain. Just like you need food everyday, you need to learn everyday. One of them is through your cognitive.
“Once you stop learning, you’re stop growing, which means you’re dead.” – from a sermon I heard long time ago
Therefore, I believe that God brings many different people into my life to taught me important lesson in life. Sometimes we may clash, but most of the time we hold each others up.
A little note about myself: I like to laugh, so please bear with my jokes. The comedian sides in me helps me to see things from a different perspectives. Plus, if it can make you laugh, good.
Here is a quick 10 facts about me so you’ll know me better
- I’m an Indonesian with Chinese ethnicity that moved to Canada in 2013.
- I like emojis, especially this one (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (I’m not mad, its just funny looking at that face).
- I like animals! My inspiration was from Steve Irwin (that Australian crocodile guy from Animal Planet, he passed away in 2006).
- I need layers and layers of clothes in winter because I got cold easily. FYI, Indonesia is on the equator, where it could reach +30°C (oh Heaven!!). And Canada, is a land where the winter in some areas could reach -60°C (not included wind chill), yet people still go to school and work like nothing happened. This is why my teacher in grade 12 said, “Canadians are tough!”
- I believe that laughter is contagious as long it’s sincere. Be careful with what are you laughing at.
- I like food (thus explained the blog title). A bit of testimonies here, I have a friend who does not like peanut butter and chocolate before. After a long time hanging out with me, she became a sweet tooth like me.
- One of my favorite verses is Matthew 6:33 – But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- I don’t like “gray areas” because it makes life complicated. (ಠ_ಠ) I do realize that life is messy, so this is unavoidable. I don’t mind to discuss it, but it just means that I need to squeeze my brain to give you answers. So don’t be surprised if I give you a blunt, black-and-white answers or statements.
- I have a very smart brother, even smarter than me. Sometimes he becomes stupid when he is hungry or sees a cat.
- I’m an ISTP in MBTI personality test.
That’s all about me. Please comment, ask me questions, and give critical suggestion, I won’t bite and I won’t get offended. The least I would do to you is replying you with”GBU” or”LOL”. Either way, I’ll gladly interact with you. I hope you could learn something from this blog (or at least get a laugh from it).